BrooklynLeigh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My latest injury...

Go down

My latest injury... Empty My latest injury...

Post  Admin Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:47 pm

About three weeks ago, I was at "hit n' get" trying to get ready for my gymnastics competition the next day. I was in a really negative mood, so I wasn't having a good day. I went to bars first and I couldn't make a bar routine, so my coach (Sharon) told me to go to the next event and come back. So I went to beam and one of the first things I warmed up was a front handspring. My foot slipped off the side of the beam and I almost split. I just stopped and was like, "What the heck? I never do that on a front handspring." So i was trying to figure out what was up and Sharon, who was at bars--not beam, yelled my name and was like "Are you planning on doing anything?" So I said yeah and she called me over. We got in a little argument and she kicked me out. I had to convince her I would work so I could stay and she let me go to floor. By the way, this was picture day also. I didn't get much done because of the people taking pictures, so finally our whole team took pictures and that took forever. After all that, I went back to floor and when I did my routine, in my first pass I did a whip and landed with my ankle rolled under and went for a tuck out of it. I laid on the floor with a really bad sprained ankle. You can bet it hurt. I was crying a lot. I asked Sharon if I was going to be able to compete tomorrow and she thought I could so she just said to see how it feels. I wasn't able to compete and I haven't compete a meet since that. I am done for the rest of the season. Every time I go in the gym and Sharon tapes my ankle, she just gives me this look like "Ew. I just can't believe this." It's seriously so much better, though. It is still swollen. I go to physical therapy three to four times a week. Hopefully I can start working level nine.

Admin
Admin

https://brooklynleigh.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum